Friday, August 17, 2012


100:1  I did it!

A year ago today I met with the radiation oncologist who would eventually design the several months of radiation I took following brain surgery last September.  That process took its toll, particularly making it difficult to eat.  When the process concluded in December I realized it was a good start, so I’ve been trying to eat better and get more exercise.  I haven’t been trying to lose a specific number of lbs, but wanted to feel fit.  For the past few weeks I’ve been aware that I was coming up on one year since that appointment, remembering my weight, and decided I would try to lose 100 lbs by that date.  Today is it – at 3:20am I couldn’t stand it anymore and got up to weigh myself.  I DID IT!!  Even with a half pound extra!  No way I could go back to sleep, so I went to the gym at 5:30 and took on the treadmill.  No other goals coming, just trying to keep feeling good.  I hope they don’t think I’ll be in regularly at that time…

No comments:

Post a Comment