Thursday, September 6, 2012

Great news from today’s MRI
Since Dr. Paleologos is no longer affiliated with Northshore University Healthsystem, the appointment I’d made was switched to Dr. Vick, her colleague.  As soon as I walked in the exam room, he told me he couldn’t be happier about the scan results.  As you look at the image, you see the black area in the upper right corner with that stripe going through it.  He feels strongly (97%) that the black is open cavity where tumor was removed and the stripe is radiation scarring.  The radiology oncologist wrote a brief summary of the results after reviewing it.  His conclusion: “No evidence of recurrent tumor in the left frontal lobe.”

 If I could do a cartwheel, I would have done them all the way to the car!!!  I asked if I could now go 6 months between MRIs.  He agreed to 4 and said that 6 would be possible if the next scan looks just as positive.  I will probably not continue to see Dr. Vick, relying instead on my local oncologist/hematologist to order the test and review the results with me.  My surgery was one year ago this week.  Help me celebrate by giving someone a hug today.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray Hurray Hurray!!!
    What a difference a year makes.
    Sunday I will celebrate with you, even though we are far apart. I just couldn't be happier for you!
    Love, B.

    ReplyDelete