Really, just one treatment left on Monday.
I hope this is one of the last shots of my brain you see for awhile. It is from the work done by Pat, the dosimetrist at the Sage Cancer Center. I have been fascinated by this computer image since he and I went over the plan at his desk. Remember, like MRI images, it is taken from the bottom, so the left side is on the right. It designates that area within my brain where the tumor was present at its largest, making it the area they wanted to target with radiation. The various colors indicate the tumor and the outline as drawn by the dosimetrist, the radiation oncologist, the physicist and the radiation therapists. When I told Pat I thought the tumor looked huge in my brain, he told me it was 15% of it. It amazes me, looking at this, that I am speaking, thinking, talking, driving, reading, walking, laughing and generally engaging in each day. I have been lucky. Very lucky.
By the time you read this, you should be DONE with Radiation!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so strong!
(not sure how to attach my name, so it's John)